
Nadia in her new walker. She loves it...

Unfortunately she can't quite touch in it yet! She uses one at church where she can go all the way down the hall by herself, so I thought we should have one at home. It never crossed my mind that this one wouldn't go low enough for her to use... we'll need a couple more inches before she's walking herself all over the house!

Playing with Uncle Jordan.

Snoozing with Daddy. Nadia has been having a growth spurt involving lots of through the night feedings. Saturday morning she woke up at 6 AM, ate and was ready to be up to play. Andy was so good to get up with her and let me sleep a little longer. By the time I got up at 7:45, this is how I found them... both sound asleep on the couch.

It was gorgeous Friday, so we went for a walk to our neighborhood pond and fed the ducks for the first time. Nadia watched their every move.


This was one of the few moments she was actually in the stroller on our walk. Why sit in the stroller when mom or dad will carry you??? There are much better views from in their arms than in this seat!

Gamma, Poppa and Auntie Steph came to visit Thursday. Aunt Steph played ball with Nadia and she loved it!

Ticklish toes!

Thursday I was cleaning the house and Nadia wanted no part of playing by herself, so I decided to try the BabyBjorn. She loved it! She helped me sweep, mop, vaccuum, make beds, sort laundry and after all that was so tired, she fell sound asleep! All that cleaning will really wear a girl out!

5 Months with Buster Bear! This picture was taken on St. Patrick's day - she had to wear her green to avoid being pinched!

First taste of carrots - she liked them more than this picture implies. She ate the whole portion like she'd been eating them forever.

Here is my homemade baby food freezing in ice cube trays - Tuesday night I made carrots, green peas, acorn and yellow squash. We're set for a few weeks with lots of new eats!

While I was making all that baby food I also decided to make homemade yeast cinnamon rolls with a recipe I found on a blog. They were tons of work and a total flop. The only thing I can suppose is that using skim milk instead of whole really made a big difference? Such a disappointment!

Nadia lounging in her whale bathrobe!
It's been a great, busy week! Nadia is talking more than ever and loves to squeal. No more quiet restaurants for us for a while. She sang through the entire meal we had at Chili's this week. She's sitting up much more steadily on her own and rolling over to get whatever toy she wants on her playmat. She can drink from a glass, out of a water bottle and through a straw. She always wants to help us guide the spoon to her mouth when she eats. She is inquisitive about everything she sees and wants to touch and feel and taste everything. She's become very interested in our noses, mouths, eyes, ears and hair. She can find and put her paci back in her mouth by herself, most of the time. Her giggle is the sweetest sound we've ever heard.
No comments:
Post a Comment